An Easter egg hunt? How about a Christmas present hunt?
☞ Write a story with this scenario:
I fall to my knees and rub my eyes. Nope. I did not imagine it. There isn’t a single present under our Christmas tree. And I thought that mom and dad being gone was odd! They could be out to get some groceries; but the presents?
Where are my presents?!
I notice a piece of paper pinned to the stump of the tree. I reach out and remove the pin before bringing the paper closer to my face. I read the words in dad’s familiar writing.
Knowing how much you love to snoop around the house, your mom and I hid your presents. At the back of this letter, you’ll find a map and three riddles. Figure out the map and the answers to the riddles and you’ll locate our gifts.
Mom & Dad
☞ Questions to help you write:
– How will the girl feel after reading the letter?
– In what creative places could the parents have hidden the presents?
– What could the three riddles be? (You can have more or less riddles if you want)
– What are the presents?
– How does the girl feel while searching?
– Will she find all the presents and what happens if she doesn’t?
☞ If you use this prompt and post your story online, feel free to give a link to it in the comments!
Don’t forget to check out the other prompts in the series!