Ever had nightmares about jolly old Santa?
☞Write a short story in the form of a legend parents tell to their children in which instead of giving coal to the naughty kids, Santa eats them.
☞ Questions to help you write:
– In order for the parents to give a cautionary tale, your character (or characters) must have done something naughty. What was it?
– Why would the parents make something like that up?
– Did they even make it up or is it real?
– Could it be that many people believe it a myth, but your character(s) actually runs into one such Santa?
– How could your character(s) potentially fight off this Santa?
☞ Bonus points if you can figure out a reason why Santa would eat only the bad kids.
☞ If you use this prompt and post your story online, feel free to give a link to it in the comments!
Don’t forget to check out the other prompts in the series!