— NOTE: Submissions for July are closed. —
As you’ve probably noticed, some of my reviews are on ARCs (Advanced Reader’s Copies) that authors send me in exchange for a review. So far there were two ways of me obtaining them: someone I know from Wattpad telling me “Hey, this author is giving out ARCs” or an author contacting me themselves.
Lately I’ve been thinking that some of you, my blog readers, are probably publishing your books and unless you know me from Wattpad or facebook writing groups, you might think I accept ARCs only from certain people.
Well, that’s not true.
I accept ARCs from everyone and you can submit a review request by filling out THIS FORM.
How does it work?
- You fill out the form.
- I get notified, read it and contact you on the email you wrote in the form.
- We discuss the details (when you want the review to be up, do you want me to tag you when I share it on social media, etc.) and if we reach an agreement, you send me the ARC as a mobi file.
- I write an honest review, post it on my blog and share it on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Wattpad. I tag you when that option is available, unless you tell me not to. I also post a version* of the review on Amazon and Goodreads.
*The Amazon/Goodreads version is only what I think of the book and who I’d recommend it to, while the blog version includes the blurb and where people can buy the book. I also remove phrases like “You know me and how much I love/hate…” and the likes which are suitable for my blog readers, but not for Amazon.
None. Just send the ARC.
What do I review?
So, all fiction?
My favorite genres/age groups to read are YA, NA, Adult, Romance (straight and LGBT), Paranormal and Fantasy. I also enjoy some humor in the books. However, I’m sometimes in a mood for a Cozy Mystery. Sometimes for a bone-chilling Mystery. Sometimes (although very rarely) for Erotica. Sometimes for something light and child-oriented.
I like straight characters, I like gay characters, I like mysterious characters, funny characters, I really love clever characters, I have no problem with reading about violence or drug-abusing characters…
So, yeah, pretty much all fiction.
- I don’t follow celebrities, so if you send me Fan Fiction, I might not know who you wrote about.
- If you send me Historical Fiction, I’ll comment on the plot, but might not be able to comment on the accuracy of the real events mentioned in the book. And since I’ll want to read up on these real events to get the basic idea of what happened in the country during that period, it will take me longer to review your ARC.
What I don’t review, without exception?
- Poetry. I’ve never been good at giving feedback on that one.
- Spiritual and religious books. A book with religious characters is okay as long as the book’s purpose isn’t to convert the readers.
- Hate propaganda. You can have a character using hate speech or abusing another character, but if your book’s purpose is to promote the hate instead of showing us what it could lead to and how the characters are coping with/fighting against it, then don’t bother sending me the ARC.
How do I rate ARCs?
From 1 (worst) to 5 (best). More info about my review rating system in this short post.
Will I accept all review requests?
As long as they are fiction and not poetry, spiritual/religious or hate propaganda, then probably yes.
If you are sending me an ARC of a book that will be published soon, I might not have time to read it, in which case I’ll tell you before you send the ARC. If you still want me to review it at a later date, then we can arrange that.
Will I get back to you and when?
After I read the form you’ve submitted, I’ll send you an email, telling you whether I’m interested in the ARC. Even if I’m currently swamped with work and can’t commit to a new ARC at that moment, I’ll email you to tell you that, so if you don’t hear from me within a week, feel free to re-submit the form or contact me on social media to tell me to check my mail. While the notifications email that the form was filled shouldn’t end up in the SPAM folder, it’s possible it got lost amongst the other emails.
When will the review be posted?
If you fill in a date on which you want the review up, then that’s the date it will be up on my blog, Amazon and Goodreads.
If you don’t fill in a date, then this is something we’ll discuss through email.
Am I always open for submissions?
Yes. However, if I have too many ARCs submitted for a particular month and you want me to post a review during that month, I’ll have to turn you down or, if it works for you, post the review on the following month. This is why it’s best to send me an ARC as early as possible, even if your book won’t come out in the next couple of months.
If I ever have to close submissions for any reason (health issues, going on vacation to a place with bad WiFi, etc.), I’ll put SUBMISSIONS FOR *MONTH* CLOSED in the beginning of this post.
Dilyana, how can I say thank you for opening your blog for ARCs?
There’s the comments section. You could also like this post and share it with authors you think might be interested in sending an ARC.
So what are you waiting for? Sign up here!
If you have any questions, ask in the comments!