As you’ve probably noticed, some of my reviews are on ARCs- Advanced Reader’s Copies that an author sends me in exchange for a review. So far there were two ways of me obtaining them: someone I know from Wattpad telling me “Hey, this author is giving out ARCs” or an author contacting me themselves.
Lately I’ve been thinking that some of you, my blog readers, are probably publishing your books and unless you know me from Wattpad or facebook writing groups, you might think I accept ARCs only from certain people.
Well, that’s not true.
I accept ARCs from everyone and you can submit a review request by filling out THIS FORM.
How does it work?
- You fill out the form.
- I get notified, read it and contact you on the email you filled in the form.
- We discuss the details (when you want the review to be up, do you want me to tag you when I share it on social media, etc.) and if we reach an agreement, you send me the ARC as a mobi file.
- I write an honest review, post it on my blog and share it on twitter, facebook, pinterest, instagram and Wattpad. I tag you when that option is available, unless you tell me not to.
- A couple of days later, I post a version* of the review on Amazon and Goodreads.
*The Amazon/Goodreads version is only what I think of the book and who I’d recommend it to, while the blog version includes the blurb and where people can buy the book. I also remove phrases like “You know me and how much I love/hate…” and the likes which are suitable for my blog readers, but not for Amazon.
None. Just send the ARC.
What do I review?
So, all fiction?
My ideal book is a YA Romance (not too much emphasis on the Romance though) with a blend of humor and drama, maybe with Paranormal/Fantasy elements.
But sometimes I’m in a mood for a Cozy Mystery. Sometimes for a bone-chilling Mystery. Sometimes for Erotica. Sometimes for something light and child-oriented.
I like straight characters, I like gay characters, I like mysterious characters, funny characters, I really love clever characters, I have no problem with reading about violence or drug-abusing characters…
So, yeah, pretty much all fiction.
- I don’t follow celebrities so if you send me Fan Fiction, I might not know who you wrote about.
- If you send me historical fiction, I’ll comment on the plot, but might not be able to comment on the accuracy of the real events mentioned in the book. And since I’ll want to read up on these real events to get the basic idea of what happened in the country and during that period, it might take me longer to read your ARC.
What I don’t review without exception.
- Poetry. I’ve never been good at giving feedback on that one.
- Spiritual and religious books. A book with religious characters is okay as long as the book’s purpose isn’t to convert the readers.
- Hate propaganda. You can have a character using hate speech or abusing another character, but if your book’s purpose is to promote the hate instead of showing us what it could lead to and how the characters are coping with/fighting against it, then don’t send me the ARC.
Will I accept all review requests?
As long as they are fiction and not poetry, spiritual/religious or hate propaganda, then probably yes.
If you are sending me an ARC of a book that will be published soon, I might not have time to read it, in which case I’ll tell you before you send the ARC. If you still want me to review it at a later date, then we can arrange that.
Will I get back to you and when?
I’ll respond to your email, telling you if I’m interested in the ARC within a couple of days after you’ve submitted the form. Even if I’m currently swamped with work and can’t commit to a new ARC at that moment, I’ll email you to tell you so.
When will the review be posted?
If you fill in a date on which you want the review up, then that’s the date it will be up on amazon and goodreads. It will be on my blog a couple of days prior.
If you don’t fill in a date, then this is something we’ll discuss through email.
Dilyana, how can I say thank you for opening your blog for ARCs?
There’s the comments section. You could also like this post and share it with authors you think might be interested in sending an ARC.
If you have any questions, ask in the comments!