Your MC (main character) has dreams. That’s good.
They are motivated to make those dreams a reality. That’s great.
But what about everyone else?
All characters must have goals, dreams and motives for what they do, not just your MC. When you start a new story, add Goals/Dreams to your character sheets and make sure you come up with something for each character. Even if you end up only mentioning a minor character’s goal in your story, it would still be useful to know what they are aiming for and what drives them on as this will give you a better understanding of that character.
For more tips on character creation & development, check these out:
- Tuesday Tiny Writing Tip #26 – Character Creation – Character Sheets
- Tuesday Tiny Writing Tip #32 – Your Character’s Voice
- Tuesday Tiny Writing Tip #42 – The Benefits of a Character Interview
- 3 Ways to Spice Up Your Wattpad Stories – Guest Post by Sandi Ward
For tips on naming your characters, click on these:
- Tuesday Tiny Writing Tip #21 – Naming Your Characters
- Tuesday Tiny Writing Tip #22 – Your Character’s Name and Personality
- Tuesday Tiny Writing Tip #36 – Unfortunate Names
If you have any useful tips on characters, feel free to share them in the comments!