Today I’m not only reviewing a book from one of my favorite authors, but I have the pleasure to share with you a giveaway in which you can win one of her books!
Crossroads – Skins, Book 4
Themes & Genres: Contemporary Romance, LGBT, gay, novella
WARNING: Mature Content
Angelo Giordano and Dylan Hart are more in love than ever, but their reality is far from ideal. With Dylan working in London, and Angelo recovering from chronic illness in Cornwall, they rarely spend more than few nights under the same sky.
Dylan is struggling. Being apart from Angelo is killing him, and he’s at the end of his rope. Angelo can’t live in London anymore, but can Dylan give up his whole life and move to a place that often feels like the end of the world?
As the end of a tough year approaches, they reach a crossroads. Dylan returns to Cornwall for Christmas and Angelo can’t imagine watching him leave again. Can the love that surrounds them on Whisper Farm show them the way home?
What I think of the book:
Christmas came early this year!
For some of us anyway.
Crossroads by Garrett Leigh is the fourth story in the Skins series. So far each book had followed a different couple and could’ve been read as a standalone even though all of the main characters know each other – two of them are brothers, actually – but this new, very short addition to the series brings all of the boys together at Whisper farm and is obviously written for fans already familiar with the books, characters and the relationships between them. So no, I wouldn’t recommend this for people unfamiliar with the series, but for us Skins lovers: yeah, Christmas came early.
Crossroads is a heady mix of so many emotions – angst, happiness, hope – that will make you gasp, and gush, and worry along with the characters. As per usual with Garrett’s books, it’s exactly the relationship between the characters that has me so mesmerized. And I’m not talking just about the couples; the easy camaraderie between the boys makes me go “Aww!” and let out fangirl squeals, because while the story is mostly about Dylan and Angelo, the love – platonic or not – between all of the boys brings tears of joy to my eyes.
Who would I recommend this book to? I’d recommend this book to all Skins lovers and maybe to other Garrett Leigh fans, but I suggest you first check out the blurbs to the other three stories, so you’d know more or less who is who and what’s going on.
My rating: (5/5 snowflakes)
Would I re-read this book? Yes.
Am I interested in other books by this author? I want them all!
Where can you buy the book?
Add Crossroads to your Goodreads shelf (link takes you straight to the book)
Want to win any e-book from Garrett’s backlist? Enter the giveaway!
Other books by this author that I’ve already reviewed:
- Dream – Skins, Book 1 (this book can be read as a standalone | LGBT Fiction, Contemporary Romance | Mature Content)
- Whisper – Skins, Book 2 (this book can be read as a standalone | Contemporary LGBT Romance | Mature Content)
- Kiss Me Again (standalone | Contemporary LGBT Romance, gay, bisexual, bipolar, anxiety, depression, trauma | Mature Content)
- Bullet – Blue Boy Studio, Book 1 (this book can be read as a standalone | Gay Fiction, Romance, Contemporary | Mature Content)
- Misfits – Urban Soul, Book 1 (this book can be read as a standalone | LGBT Fiction, Contemporary Romance, polyamorous | Mature Content)
- Soul to Keep – Rented Heart, Book 2 (this book can be read as a standalone | LGBT, Contemporary Romance, trauma, addiction | Mature Content)
- Junkyard Heart – Porthkennack, Book 7 (this book can be read as a standalone | Contemporary LGBT Fiction, Romance | Mature Content)
- Lucky (standalone | LGBT, MM, Contemporary Romance, gay, pan, football/soccer | Mature Content
- Cash – Lucky, Book 2 (this book can be read as a standalone | Contemporary LGBT Romance, gay, bisexual, hunting saboteurs | Mature Content)
- Jude – Lucky, Book 3 (this book can be read as a standalone | Contemporary LGBT Romance, bi, gay, coming out | Mature Content)
- Only Love (standalone | Contemporary Romance, LGBT Fiction, gay, trauma, angst, army | Mature Content)
Have you read anything by this author?
What did you think of it?
Share in the comments!