Jude – Lucky, Book 3*
*Note: Each book in the Lucky series follows a new couple and they can be read as standalones
Author: Garrett Leigh
Length: 60 000 words
Themes & Genres: Contemporary LGBT Romance, bi, gay, coming out
WARNING: Mature Content
Isha has spent the last year watching his BFF get his happily-ever-after. He’s proud of Dom, but…it hurts to see him so free while Isha’s love life is still on lockdown. Only Isha’s ex-wife knows the secret that he’s kept caged for so long—that he’s queer too, and he’s lonely.
Jude’s too chained to his work to notice what he’s missing by being terminally single, but a new face in the village soon catches his attention. City boy Isha is gorgeous, and when he starts to haunt Jude’s reptile shop as well as the hook-up app on his phone, he’s a welcome distraction from Jude’s business problems.
For a control freak like Isha, letting Jude under his skin is an existential meltdown, but Jude’s not in the market to be anyone’s queer crisis, not when he’s facing troubles of his own. Unlocking their lives could push both men apart forever, but it might be a risk worth taking if sharing is the key to their happy future.
What I think of the book:
I’m going to do something odd and start with the ending. Don’t worry: as per usual, there will be no big spoilers in my review.
The ending felt a bit rushed.
I really expected a couple of more angsty chapters, given Garrett’s propensity for… Well, angsty chapters. In Only Love, for example, the hospital scenes seemed to last forever – which I actually didn’t like – so I’m not too hung up on there not being more such content in this book.
Then again, I wouldn’t say no to more of Isha and Jude.
They quickly earned their place on my Favorite Garrett Leigh Characters list, and that’s saying something as I love the way Garrett writes her characters in general. They are realistic and relatable.
This pair isn’t an exception, and the author managed to surprise me with the character we actually already knew from the previous books: Isha.
Oh, God, did she make this guy hot!
He didn’t seem this appealing when he was in the supporting cast of Lucky and Cash, but here… Here Isha’s dream-inducing. The kind of dreams you wake up from and pray you haven’t been talking in your sleep for your roommates – or worse: parents – to overhear.
And Jude doesn’t just fade in the background when it comes to hotness levels. He’s also really sweet with the kids and great with animals which – for me, at least – only adds to his appeal.
Chemistry-wise, we have another sizzling Romance by Garrett. As it often is with her couples, these two seem made for each other.
Who would I recommend this book to? This book is a must for Garrett Leigh fans. I’d also recommend Jude to readers who enjoy emotionally stunted characters learning to lower their guard and let people in.
My rating: (5/5 geckos)
Would I re-read this book? Yes!
Am I interested in other books by this author? Yes!
Where can you buy the book?
Other books Garrett author that I’ve already reviewed:
- Lucky (standalone | LGBT, MM, Contemporary Romance, gay, pan, football/soccer | Mature Content
- Cash – Lucky, Book 2 (this book can be read as a standalone | Contemporary LGBT Romance, gay, bisexual, hunting saboteurs | Mature Content)
- Dream – Skins, Book 1 (this book can be read as a standalone | LGBT Fiction, Contemporary Romance | Mature Content)
- Whisper – Skins, Book 2 (this book can be read as a standalone | Contemporary LGBT Romance | Mature Content)
- Crossroads – Skins, Book 4 (Contemporary Romance, LGBT, gay, novella | Mature Content)
- Kiss Me Again (standalone | Contemporary LGBT Romance, gay, bisexual, bipolar, anxiety, depression, trauma | Mature Content)
- Bullet – Blue Boy Studio, Book 1 (this book can be read as a standalone | Gay Fiction, Romance, Contemporary | Mature Content)
- Misfits – Urban Soul, Book 1 (this book can be read as a standalone | LGBT Fiction, Contemporary Romance, polyamorous | Mature Content)
- Soul to Keep – Rented Heart, Book 2 (this book can be read as a standalone | LGBT, Contemporary Romance, trauma, addiction | Mature Content)
- Junkyard Heart – Porthkennack, Book 7 (this book can be read as a standalone | Contemporary LGBT Fiction, Romance | Mature Content)
- Only Love (standalone | Contemporary Romance, LGBT Fiction, gay, trauma, angst, army | Mature Content)
- Fated Hearts – Shadow Bound, Book 1 by Garrett Leigh (Contemporary LGBT Romance, Fantasy, shifters, soulmates, war | Mature Content)
Want to win an e-book copy of the first book in the series – Lucky? Enter the giveaway!
Have you read anything by Garrett?
What did you think of it?
Share in the comments!