It’s my birthday today and I thought: “What better time to answer some questions I keep getting about my blog?”
So. Here are a few questions I’ve been asked and my answers to them.
- Is this blog for authors or readers? I aim to provide content for both groups. For example, series like the Tuesday Tiny Writing Tips and Writing Wednesdays – everything in the Writing Tips & Prompts category, really – are obviously for writers while book lists, excerpts and giveaways are for readers. I’ve always seen the author interviews as hybrid posts because the readers can enjoy discovering a new author or learning about one they already know, and the writers might learn something from this author’s writing journey and from the tips they give (I like to ask the authors for their #1 tip).
- How much money do you make from your blog? While I take my blog seriously, this is a hobby and I earn no money from it (I get some free e-books though). If you like my content and want to support me with a cash tip you can do so on Patreon or Ko-fi. By the way, if you are wondering about my monthly posting schedule, I upload it on the first of each month over at Patreon and it’s free to read without you having to create a Patreon account.
- Is this an LGBT+ blog?
- Then why do you review only LGBT+ books? I don’t. I review straight Romance as well as books without romance in them. Some time ago, I reviewed a book by an author of LGBT literature, he told another such author who contacted me, that other author told yet another author who also contacted me with an ARC and before I knew it, I was getting a lot of LGBT ARCs that I enjoyed. I followed the authors on social media and got even more ARCs by them or bought more of their books, so I ended up with a lot of LGBT books to review.
- How can I submit my book for review? You can fill in this form, but first, check out what I read and whether I have open review spots for the month you are interested in. You can find that info here.
- Are you the only person who posts on this blog? Usually, but I occasionally feature guest posts.
- How can I submit a post for your blog? I don’t have a form for that. I invite guest authors myself.
- Will you be making such a form? No, sorry, I don’t see that happening any time soon.
- How do you promote your blog? I don’t, apart from sometimes mentioning I have a blog when I chat with people about books and writing. I also share my posts on my own social media, but that’s about it. It really is a mystery to me how people find my blog. Sorry I can’t be more helpful on this one!
If you have any more questions, feel free to leave me a comment or contact me on social media!