Blue Boy Studio – Book 1-3
Themes and genres: Contemporary LGBT Romance, hurt/comfort, friends to lovers, go-go dancers, porn stars
WARNING: Mature Content (in all three books)
– BULLET –
Levi is a power top with an alcoholic mother, and a chip on his shoulder. Sonny’s a dancer with attitude and the biggest heart. Their scene together is just another day at work until Levi realises he’s falling hard for the twink he used to hate. Enemies to lovers is inevitable.
– BONES –
Skater boy Cam is a veteran actor at Blue Boy adult studio. Nursing an unrequited crush on his boss, he’s never needed anything else until kind-hearted Sasha rides into his life on his BMX. They share more than mutual attraction, and when Cam find himself in need of some healing comfort, friendship turns to love.
– BOLD –
Go-go dancer Kai has never been the object of anyone’s desire, at least not for real, away from the adult studio where he films scene after scene from the bottom. Then quiet Matthew enters his life. A scene with a difference comes to call, if Kai can figure out how to truly own Matthew, inside and out.
What I think of the box set:
As always when I review a box set, I wondered how to approach things. Should I talk about the collection as a whole or first review each individual work in it?
In this case I decided to go with the former because one: the three novellas are all by the same author on the same topic, and two: I already reviewed the first book a couple of years ago and my opinion of it hasn’t changed.
So. Here’s what I think about the box set as a whole.
The topic of adult entertainers can be a controversial one. Often, when books feature porn stars, we get a lot of sex and… Not much else.
This isn’t the case here.
All three works are about realistic individuals who just happen to be part of a (mostly) questionable industry. We do get sex, but not enough to categorize this as erotica, and definitely not enough for the act to be all the books are about.
Insecurities, hurt, comfort, friendship and love are the focus of these books so you get an intoxicating mix of hope and despair, of sweetness and pain. And while the books are similar, they follow a different couple each time, with different issues, so the narrative doesn’t get repetitive.
Who would I recommend this box set to? If you are looking for wholesome stories with naughty scenes, check out the Blue Boy Studio box set.
My rating: (5/5 cameras)
Would I re-read any of these books? Yes, all of them.
Am I interested in other books by this author? Refer to previous answer (get all the Garrett Leigh books!)
Where you can get the box set:
Other books by this author that I’ve already reviewed:
- Bullet – Blue Boy Studio, Book 1(this book can be read as a standalone | Gay Fiction, Romance, Contemporary | Mature Content)
- Dream – Skins, Book 1 (LGBT Fiction, Contemporary Romance | Mature Content)
- Whisper – Skins, Book 2 (this book can be read as a standalone | LGBT Fiction, Contemporary Romance | Mature Content)
- Crossroads – Skins, Book 4 (Contemporary Romance, LGBT, gay, novella | Mature Content)
- Kiss Me Again (standalone | Contemporary LGBT Romance, gay, bisexual, bipolar, anxiety, depression, trauma | Mature Content)
- Misfits – Urban Soul, Book 1 (this book can be read as a standalone | LGBT Fiction, Contemporary Romance, polyamorous | Mature Content)
- Soul to Keep – Rented Heart, Book 2 (this book can be read as a standalone | LGBT, Contemporary Romance, trauma, addiction | Mature Content)
- Junkyard Heart – Porthkennack, Book 7 (this book can be read as a standalone | Contemporary LGBT Fiction, Romance | Mature Content)
- Lucky – Lucky, Book 1 (this book can be read as a standalone | LGBT, MM, Contemporary Romance, gay, pan, football/soccer | Mature Content)
- Cash – Lucky, Book 2 (this book can be read as a standalone | Contemporary LGBT Romance, gay, bisexual, hunting saboteurs | Mature Content)
- Jude – Lucky, Book 3 (this book can be read as a standalone | Contemporary LGBT Romance, bi, gay, coming out | Mature Content)
- Only Love (standalone | Contemporary Romance, LGBT Fiction, gay, trauma, angst, army | Mature Content)
- Fated Hearts – Shadow Bound, Book 1 by Garrett Leigh (Contemporary LGBT Romance, Fantasy, shifters, soulmates, war | Mature Content)
- Hometown Christmas (standalone | Contemporary LGBT Romance, gay, bi, friends to lovers, holiday romance, Christmas, ex military | Mature Content)
Have you read anything by Garrett?
What did you think of it?
Share in the comments!