Today’s review is going to be a bit different. Not only is there a giveaway in which you can win an autographed copy of the book I’m reviewing, but the author has a second prize for you: a consultation on your own blurb.
So if you need help with your blurbs, check out the giveaway!
Irresistible Blurbs: How to Write a Book Description Romance Readers Will Love
Author: Siri Caldwell
Themes and genres: writing guides, self-publishing, writing romance, writing blurbs
Don’t lose sales with a less-than-ideal book description. With the right cover copy, your book can be irresistible Continue reading
Today I’m interviewing Siri Caldwell – a romance author, who also has a book on writing blurbs. Want an autographed copy of her Irresistible Blurbs or a free consultation on your blurb?
Enter the giveaway!
Q1. Hello, Siri, and welcome to my blog! Please introduce yourself to our audience.
Hi, everyone! I’m a Continue reading
This June, I’ll be reading and reviewing two fiction and one non-fiction books. In the order the reviews will be posted, they are…
Secrets Hidden in the Glass – The Carter Island Novels, Book 1 (out of 3)
Author: Cate Beauman
Themes and genres: Contemporary Romance, Mystery, Suspense, artists, law enforcement, sheriff
The secrets of the past are always closer than we think Continue reading
If you’ve read my previous posts of this kind (2016, 2017, 2018), you already know how it goes:
- This is a list of books I read in 2019; not all of them came out that year (but most did);
- The books are listed in the order in which I’ve reviewed them, not by how much I loved them (I’ve also included their release dates according to Amazon);
- I’m sticking to one book per author, but I reserve the right to include in the HONORABLE MENTIONS another work by an author who is present in my FELL IN LOVE WITH section.
Without further ado, here are the seven books I FELL IN LOVE WITH in 2019, followed by five HONORABLE MENTIONS. We start off with Continue reading
The Elements of Eloquence: How to Turn the Perfect English Phrase
Themes and genres: Non-fiction, writing guides, advice, tips
In an age unhealthily obsessed with substance, this is a book on the importance of pure style Continue reading
This month I’ve got something to enjoy on every medium: an audiobook, a paperback and an e-book. Two of those are fiction and the paperback is something I’d recommend to writers. In the order I’ll be reviewing, the books are…
Don’t Judge – Nothing Special, Book 4
Author: A.E. Via
Narrator: Aiden Snow
Listening length: 9 hours and 38 minutes
Themes and genres: Contemporary LGBT Romance, crime, detective, bounty hunter, gay
WARNING: Mature Content
Detective Austin Michaels didn’t think life could get any better after he was accepted into the most notorious narcotics task force on the East Coast Continue reading
There are a lot of books I’d like to read in 2018, but I’ve narrowed them down to thirteen to share with you. Before I tell you which they are, a few disclaimers:
- This isn’t a Top 13; the books are in no particular order.
- While some of these books are coming out this year (I’ve mentioned which), there are some that are older.
- Some of the new releases don’t have covers, titles or synopsis yet. In the case of the unknown titles, I’ll just write which series the book is from and the number it’s supposed to be; as for the About (synopsis), I’ll just explain what the series is about.
- I’ve divided the books in the following categories: Fiction Novels (8), Guides (3), and Manga/Graphic Novels (2).
Let’s start with…
— FICTION NOVELS —
1. The Alienist – Dr. Lazlo Kreizler, Book 1
Author: Caleb Carr
Themes & Genres: Historical, Mysteries, Psychological, murder
About: The year is 1896. The city is New York Continue reading
Romancing the Beat – How to Write Kissing Books, Book 1
Themes & Genres: Writing Guide
What makes a romance novel a romance? How do you write a kissing book? Continue reading
It’s the first Sunday of the month, so here’s my To Review list. I have not one, not two, but FOUR books to talk with you about this December!
Three are Fiction (two novels and a short story), and one is a guide. So, which are they?
Junkyard Heart – Porthkennack, Book 7
Note: The books follow different couples so you could read this one even if you haven’t read Books 1-6 Continue reading
In case you haven’t figured it out by all the reviews I post on this blog: I love reading.
Shocker, I know.
If I were to let myself go and buy every book I wanted, I’d be broke in a week, probably even sooner. However, there are some books I desire more than others and since I think they’d be amazing reads, I decided to share them with you. This list is in no particular order and I tried to go for a bit of diversity so you’ll see three Fiction novels, a manga and a writing guide here, all of them by different authors.
Let’s start with the Fiction novels Continue reading